Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cherry Blossoms


So this is the design that I have settled on. I am very happy with it. I wanted to share with everyone my reasoning for my decision on the cherry blossom tattoo.
In Japanese culture the cherry blossom signifies the transitory nature of life. The beauty that can come out of something cold and dreary. Cherry blossoms bud out in the dead of winter and it has been said that Japanese soldiers would stop their fighting and pilaging to take in the beauty of the flowers.
There are things that have been going on in my life lately that have changed my entire world. I have felt lost, confused, deeply hurt, and hopeless at times. And then I came across this tidbit of information. And I felt slapped in the face. How often do we get wrapped up in our lives and the despair the world can heap upon us and we forget the beauty God has put in our lives. We need to stop our fighting and just take in the beauty that is God. When we are at rock bottom He always provides us with something to lift our spirits. We just have to open our eyes and be willing to see. I have felt so touched and inspired and so the cherry blossom tattoo is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment